Lee’s Chapel Church was organized September 15, 1892. The actual founding, or organizing, of Lee’s Chapel took place at the old Plain View School building. It appears the organizational meeting was held after a revival service in the Plain View Community. The Reverend Lunda Lee, familiar with what had to take place before a “church” would be accepted into the conference or association of the Original Free Will Baptists, was the guiding individual.
Almost immediately following the meeting the people set about building a church building upon land donated by L.M.K. Tew and his wife. This is the property where the present facilities are located. The current sanctuary is the original structure around which the buildings have grown over the years. God continued to bless the church and added to its grow both physically and spiritually. Several renovations and additions have occurred since that first construction project.
Lee’s Chapel is deeply indebted to the men who have served as pastor. Not only do we feel each was called to preach our Lord’s gospel, but their lives were also touched by God in some way to bring them to preach that gospel from the pulpit of Lee’s Chapel. Lee’s Chapel has been able to grow under the direction of each pastor and we are thankful that God has provided such leadership.
God continues to use Lee’s Chapel to proclaim the gospel, make disciples, serve our neighbors, and assist in taking the gospel to the nations. We give all the glory to Jesus for his grace and mercy to us. We look forward to seeing what He has in store for our future.
Lee’s Chapel is a member of the Cape Fear Conference of Original Free Will Baptists.